CAN asks accessibility legislators and policy makers to:
- Acknowledge people with communication disabilities, not caused by hearing loss as a distinct disability group with unique accessibility needs when communicating in face-to-face interactions, over the telephone, at public events and in group situations.
- Provide examples of barriers and accommodations for people with communication disabilities and things that people can do when interacting with them.
- Ensure effective communication accommodations are made in services where communication is critical (e.g. healthcare, emergency, police, legal and justice services).
- Include people with communication disabilities, not caused by hearing loss on accessibility advisory committees and at public consultations.
- See CAN feedback on CAN Reviews Access Documents