You are the best teacher when it comes to educating people about how to communicate with you.
Here are some things you can do. You can:
- Know your communication rights
- Have short instructions ready to tell people what you want them to do when communicating with you
- Use your most effective communication method when interacting with people who do not know you
- Prepare a communication access card that tells people the things they can do to make their services accessible to you
- Have vocabulary to communicate about your accessibility needs.