As a professional who supports people with communication disabilities, you play a significant role in creating communication accessible communities.
CAN needs you because you already know that:
- People with communication disabilities can experience significant accessibility barriers
- Barriers are often caused by lack of awareness on the part of people interacting with individuals who have communication disabilities
- Ineffective communication can have serious consequences in healthcare, emergencies and legal situations
- People with communication disabilities, can benefit from improved access if their needs are included in emerging legislation
- A little information can go a long way in creating communication accessible communities.